February 15, 2013

“Matcha”

I prefer drinking teas nowadays and so goodbye to coffees for now. I love my green teas and I want to make a green tea cake. I searched online for some recipe and I found an easy one. Now I will searched where I can buy green tea powder.Maybe I can ask my favorite asian store in town. Good luck to me lol!
Ingredients: 3 eggs 1/2 cup superfine sugar* 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil 3/4 cup plain Greek-style yogurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1lb (about 3.5 cups) self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 6 tsp green tea powder (nok-cha karu, matcha) cream cheese frosting (optional)
Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil together until resulting mixture is fluffy and light. Gently stir Greek yogurt into mixture. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and green tea powder together. Gently fold flour mixture into the wet sugar-yogurt mixture. Pour resulting cake batter into greased caked pan, smoothing out top until level. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top becomes golden-brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. If using cream cheese frosting, wait for cake to cool before icing
.

No comments: