February 12, 2008

A touch of new

When I met my department head this morning on the hallway, he told me we’ll be having a short meeting in the afternoon. Two things came to my mind. One is the desire to be the secretary for the meeting and the way on how to get to the conference room ahead of the others. During our department’s short meetings, every staff wants to be the secretary of the meeting. Why? because as a secretary, you need to document the meeting using our immediate superior's brand new touch screen laptop where you can write on its screen like an ordinary pad of paper. It’s really cool!

To my disappointment, somebody came first ahead of me! And my chance of becoming the secretary for the meeting dropped to zero. :-( Hmmm... Maybe next time. Or I’ll just buy touch screen for myself instead!

No comments: